Digital vignette for Slovenia
In a few steps to the e-vignette Slovenia
Pay for the vignette conveniently with a credit card, via PayPal or by instant bank transfer.
In just a few minutes you will find the booked digital Slovenian vignette in your electronic mailbox.
Buy the e-vignette Slovenia online at mautwelt
Advantages at a glance
- Immediate validity of the e-vignette and fast delivery by e-mail
- Possibility of electronic payment and uncomplicated processing
- E-vignette for all toll categories and freely selectable validity periods
Buy your Slovenia e-vignette online now at mautwelt
Digital Vignette Slovenia - Slovenian Motorway Tolls
Vignette checks in Slovenia
The Slovenian authorities occasionally carry out spot checks to ensure that car and motorcycle drivers have purchased a digital Slovenia vignette for the use of Slovenian roads.
Control vehicles as well as roadside camera systems recognize your
vehicle's license plate number and check whether a valid electronic vignette is registered for the time of the check.
If there is a valid e-vignette Slovenia for the vehicle, the data is automatically deleted. If there is no valid vignette, the driver will
receive a penalty notice by mail or be fined on site.
Therefore, you should make sure that you are in possession of a valid vignette before driving on Slovenian highways.
Driving without a vignette in Slovenia - Possible penalties.
E-vignette Slovenia for different vehicle categories
The Slovenian vignette system differs from that of other EU countries, as vehicles subject to vignettes are divided into three vehicle categories here - also known as toll classes. You can find out which vehicle categories there are, what applies to trailers and heavy vehicles, and how long the annual vignette for Slovenia is valid for here.
Vehicle categories for the E-vignette - Choosing the right toll class
Single-track motor vehicles, e.g. motorcycles and large scooters
Motor homes and two-lane motor vehicles up to a height of 1.30 m at the first axle, e.g. motor homes up to 3.5 t zGG, BMW X5 and Audi Q7
Two-lane motor vehicles over 1.30 m in height on the first axle, e.g. Fiat Ducato, VW T7
☛ Good to know
Frequently asked questions about the vignette obligation in Slovenia
Toll-free driving in Slovenia - is it possible without a vignette?
Bypassing toll roads to save on tolls in Slovenia is only recommended to a limited extent. The quality of the roads away from the well-developed motorways and motorways is often not particularly good, there are many towns to cross, the traffic flow is slowed down and the unclear signposting can also make orientation on the journey difficult.
In addition, you have to leave the motorway before the border in Villach, Austria, in order to bypass the Karawanken tunnel, otherwise you are immediately on a motorway in Slovenia that is subject to tolls.
Likewise, sections near the motorway that require a toll sticker, which can be accessed quickly by mistake, are monitored by the Slovenian police and can be punished with fines in the three-digit euro range.
Slovenia Vignette - Prices
The prices for Slovenian vignettes vary depending on the toll class, i.e. the type of vehicle and the duration of the planned road use. The e-vignette for Slovenia distinguishes between passenger cars and motorcycles. The vignette can be booked for a week or a month as well as for half a year or a whole year.
Vehicle category 1: Motorcycle
- 7-day vignette ➔ 12.00 EUR (8.00 EUR Vignette + 4.00 bookingservice)
- 6-month vignette ➔ 40.00 EUR (32.00 EUR Vignette + 8.00 EUR bookingservice)
- 1-year vignette ➔ 67.70 EUR (58.70 EUR Vignette + 9.00 bookingservice)
Vehicle category 2A: Passenger car
- 7-day vignette ➔ 20.00 EUR (16.00 EUR Vignette + 4.00 EUR bookingservice)
- 1-month vignette ➔ 42.00 EUR (32.00 EUR Vignette + 10.00 bookingservice)
- 1-year vignette ➔ 131.50 EUR (117.50 EUR Vignette + 14.00 EUR bookingservice)
Vehicle category 2B: Passenger car
- 7-day vignette ➔ 36.00 EUR (32.00 EUR Vignette + 4.00 EUR bookingservice)
- 1-month vignette ➔ 74.10 EUR (64.10 EUR Vignette + 14.00 EUR bookingservice)
- 1-year vignette ➔ 257.00 EUR (235.00 EUR Vignette + 22.00 EUR bookingservice)
Does the Karavanks tunnel cost extra?
More flexibility with the digital vignette for Slovenia
Until now, the validity of the Slovenia vignette was fixed to the date of purchase. With the introduction of the e-vignette, you now have more flexibility for your travel planning:
- You can determine the start date of the 7-day vignette individually. Please note that the vignette for Slovenia is valid from the selected date. If you are planning a trip longer than a week, e.g. over 2 weekends, which corresponds to 9 days, you will need two 7-day vignettes or, better still, a 1-month vignette.
- With the digital monthly vignette, you can date the start date into the future. The validity then extends from the selected start date to the same day of the following month.
- Since 2022, you can book the annual e-vignette more flexibly than the old adhesive toll sticker, so you are no longer bound to the validity for a calendar year. If you order an annual vignette, the validity period extends from the start date, e.g. 1 July, to 1 July of the following year.
Checklist for the purchase of the vignette Slovenia Digital 2023
Buy vignettes easily and online at mautwelt.de
Our offer on mautwelt.de also allows you to purchase the vignette Slovenia. The ordering process is simple and straightforward and can be carried out in German without any language barriers. All you have to do is enter your data for the vignette, go to the checkout and the vignette is ready for you.
Only a few steps are necessary to order the vignette for Slovenia. You choose the desired e-vignette you want (7 days, 1 month or 1 year) enter your personal data and the registration number of your vehicle and submit your order. We register your number plate with the Slovenian toll operator and link it to the corresponding e-vignette in the system.
The cost of applying for, managing and registering the e-vignette for Slovenia is included in the booking service. You do not need to worry about anything else. You can make quick and secure payments via Sofort Banking, PayPal or your credit card.
Vignette for Slovenia from mautwelt
Header image © samopauser / stock.adobe.com - Image bridge © Richard Semik / stock.adobe.com